California is a hotspot for all sorts of travelers, but most especially for adventure seekers and outdoor lovers. Why wouldn’t it be when you have access to so many National Parks and the Pacific Ocean?
It offers hundreds of hiking trails, loads of camping sites, and a wide range of activities just for your adventurous spirit. To get the most out of California, you’re going to need at least a few months. Otherwise, you can just make several visits to the state.
Here’s a list of activities not to miss when you’re in California:
Roadtrips and Camping
One of the best ways you can enjoy the nature that California offers is by camping. It’s also one way to keep you close to the main activity such as hiking or surfing. Whether you are a hammock camper, a tent camper or an RV camper, there is a place for you.
Going on a road trip and a camping trip in California is in itself a great adventure. You only need to pack your bags, drive and find a spot you to camp. Then you can move on and find another beautiful spot to enjoy.
- If you have a storage room in your car or RV, make sure to bring a camping grill so you can enjoy great food outdoors. One of the best things about camping is cooking the food outdoors. It’s ideal for long trips for couples, families or friends.
- If you start from the south of California, you can begin with the Joshua Tree National Park. Then continue to make your way north, stopping at Sequoia National Park, Yosemite National Park, until you get to Redwood National Park.
- Some of the parks offer ultimate adventures. Backpack through the towering trees, hike to amazing waterfalls, rock climbing in Saddle Peak, paddle in rivers and lakes, etc.
- If you feel like you want to go to the beach, go for it! Drive to the coast and enjoy the Pacific.
While it’s possible to go on day trips, there’s nothing like camping to soak it all in. There are many routes you can go so it’s up to you where you want to start or stop. Like we said, you’re going to need months, if not a whole lifetime to enjoy all of California. Otherwise, just make lots and lots of visits until you see it all.
- Southern California has one of the best surf breaks in all of the US so get ready to get high on waves. Don’t worry if you’re not a pro because there are spots just for you! There are loads of surf schools around so you can get the lessons you need to become better.
- Windsurfing, kayaking, sailing, stand up paddling, and other water sports are just some of the other watersports you can do.
- During winter, you can go skiing in Bear Mountain or Lake Tahoe.
- California is one of the best places to go bungee jumping and skydiving
- California also has hundreds of biking trails fit for different levels of trail bikers. There are friendly trails for families and more difficult ones for extreme bikers.
Adventure doesn’t just mean being in the woods. You can get a lot of adventure in the concrete jungles of California. Experience the hustle and bustle of the large cities in California such as Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Long Beach, and Sacramento.
California is a very diverse state. It’s also the most populous state, and the people are from all backgrounds and cultures. Even as you walk on the street, you’ll see the diversity. Also, try to keep it interesting when you see a celebrity. You’ll see lots of them walking around.
You’ll also be able to enjoy the splendid food. There are so many food establishments and even food trucks that offer different meals.
Amusement Park Adventures
Another fun adventure you can do in California is going to amusement parks. Have the time of your life on the crazy rides that will certainly give you an adrenaline rush you’re searching.
- Six Flags Amusement Park
- Universal Studios
- Legoland California
- Raging Waters
- Knotts Berry Farm
Whether you are going solo, as a couple, with your family or with friends, you will find something perfect specifically for you. California is a place where you can quench your thirst for adventure. It’s also a place you are going to want to visit over and over because there’s also something new to do.
While it is a hub for thrill seekers, it’s also a place where you can wind down. Go for long walks on miles of sandy beach, drink a glass of wine by a vineyard, or visit art museums. You can take it easy, or you can go full throttle; California has it all.
Warren Kuhn is an outdoor and camping enthusiast, always out to seek for the thrill and adrenaline that only nature gives. He even took up survival training to prepare him for the worst-case scenarios while outdoors.
With his background, you can learn a lot from him so you can get the most out of your camping trip at TheCampingTrips.
- 7 Best Places Not Enough People Visit In America
- 9 Tips on How to Have a Great Holiday in America
- Road Trips: 5 Do’s and Don’ts
- 1 Day in Los Angeles, This is What I Did
- 4 Great Places for Camping in the USA
February 16, 2017 10:35 am 1 Comment