To have the best time of your life on Tenerife Island, here are our suggestions for the top 10 best things to do in Tenerife, part of the Canary Islands in Spain.
Pro Tip: Book your accommodation in a central location that is close to popular attractions, restaurants, and bars. We booked our hotel/resort in Santiago del Teide.
Overview of the 9 days trip
Day 1 check in to your hotel and/or resort and get rested for your upcoming epic trip. To find the best place to stay, check out vacation rentals in Tenerife with cozycozy.
Day 2 Explore Teide National Park
- Mirador de los Poleos
- Teide National Park
- Mount Teide
- Mirador de El Corral del Nino
- Teide Observatory
- Cascada Barranco del Rio
- Piasaje Lunar
- Boca Tauce
Day 3 Hike Masca Valley, Charco Los Chochos, & explore North-Western beaches
- Charcos Los Chochos
- Rural de Teno park
- Hike Masca Valley
- Playa de Juan Lopez
- Playa del Carrizal
- Masca Beach
Day 4 Playa Guios, Los Gigantes, and Playa Arena
- Playa de los Guios
- Los Gigantes
- Playa de la Arena
Day 5 Loro Park, La Laguna, Astro Observatory, & Santa Cruz
- Loro Park
- La Laguna town, a UNESCO Heritage
- Institute of Astrophysics\
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife
Day 6 Explore South-Western Beaches, do Dolphins and Whale watching, & visit Los Cristianos
- Playa San Juan
- Abama beach
- Playa de las Americas
- Los Cristianos
- Playa de la Tejita
Day 7 Anaga Rural Park & Mirador Aguaide
Day 8 Playa de Las Teresitas & Benijo
Day-by-Day Tenerife Trip Plan
1. Visit the famous Teide National Park and hike to the top of Mount Teide, the highest peak in Spain. There are several scenic pit spots on the way.
2. Enjoy the beautiful beaches of north-western Tenerife. Go swimming, surfing, or snorkeling in crystal clear waters. Visit the Tenerife Cliffs also locally known as the Los Gigantes.
The Los Gigantes Cliffs are aptly named, as they are one of Tenerife’s most spectacular landscapes. Located on Tenerife’s western coast, the sheer, rocky walls of Los Gigantes (giants) rise majestically above the sea, with heights reaching up to 600 meters.
3. Visit the historic town of La Laguna, a UNESCO World Heritage site, and explore its beautiful architecture and museums.
4. Experience the nightlife of Tenerife and visit some of the popular clubs and bars in Playa de las Americas or Los Cristianos.
Los Cristianos Coast in Tenerife
5. Go on a boat tour and see the dolphins and whales in their natural habitat.
6. Visit the Loro Parque, a famous zoo and amusement park, and see the exotic animals and thrilling rides.
7. Try some of the local cuisine, such as papas arrugadas (wrinkled potatoes) and mojo (spicy sauce), and taste some of the famous wines of Tenerife.
8. Visit the Mount Teide Observatory and see the stars and planets through the telescopes.
9. Take a trip to the neighboring island of La Gomera and explore its beautiful forests and nature reserves.
10. Relax and unwind in one of the many spas and wellness centers in Tenerife and rejuvenate your mind and body.
You can also try out water sports such as surfing, scuba diving, and snorkeling in the crystal clear waters of the Atlantic Ocean. But most importantly, take time to relax and unwind at the end of your trip, enjoying the island’s peaceful atmosphere and beautiful sunsets.
December 3, 2022 4:18 pm 1 Comment