Sydney is one of the top destinations for world wanderers. What makes it so incredible is that there are hundreds of places to see and things to do. While the fun is guaranteed, you need to ensure you don’t waste your time in vain. That’s why you need to plan your stay thoroughly.
Note: If you are planning to visit Melbourne, know that Sydney is pretty close to Melbourne and if you have a few extra days, you can also check out Sydney. It’s especially worth your time and money if you are already planning a trip for some great events and the numerous festivals that Melbourne is famous for.
Plan Your Trip in Advance
In order to help you out, here are 3 tips for making the most of your stay in this marvelous city.
Sydney Opera House
Planning is the mother of both successful time-management and stress-management. Once, you book your airline tickets and set on your travel dates, next you must find a price-worthy hotel at a great location which gives you the most value for your money. We recommend Hotel in the Rocks as one such place with great views and great location.
Next, you should write down the top places you would like to visit and the things you would like to do. Since that also depends on your budget, you should take it into consideration your budget and how much time you have.
If you have no idea how to do this, you can simply google the top tourist attractions in Sydney. When the results pop up, you will find information on the price per each site or activity.
For example, if you want to take a guided tour inside the Sydney Opera house, you can search for “Sydney Opera House tour price” and you will easily find it. It’s the era of the internet and technology, so make the most of it.
Below is our suggestion of the top 7 attractions in Sydney.
Top 7 Must Visit Places in Sydney
To help you out with this, we have compiled a list of the top places every person should visit in Sydney. Let’s check it out.
Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Sydney Harbour Bridge – You not only can visit it by standing next to it but you can also climb it. It’s a little pricey but the experience is enthralling. There are great guided tours that allow you to experience the enchanting view over the Sydney Harbour and Sydney Opera House.
- Sydney Opera House – The best way to visit the Opera House is by taking a tour inside of it. But, you can also watch a show. You can choose which one you like more.
Bondi Beach, Sydney
- Bondi Beach – If you are going on a summer holiday, you have to spend part of it on the beach. Although there are hundreds of beautiful beaches within the city boundaries, Bondi Beach is the most popular of all, so you mustn’t miss it.
Darling Harbour, Sydney
- Darling Harbour – Being made of large pedestrian and recreational areas, Sydney Harbour is a great place to spend some quality time. There are plenty of restaurants and cafes where you can find great food and drinks and enjoy the view.
A Koala at the Taronga Zoo
- Taronga Zoo – If you want to see some local and exotic animals, you have to visit the famous Taronga Zoo. It’s a great place to spend an afternoon, especially if you are traveling with kids since there are a cafe and a food market.
Royal Botanic Gardens, Sydney
- The Royal Botanic Gardens – When looking for a peaceful place within the city, you should look no further because the Royal Botanic Gardens offer exactly that. Located near the Sydney CBD, this place offers a wonderful nature with incredible flora and the peacefulness you are looking for.
- The Rocks – Being one of the oldest neighborhoods in Sydney, the Rocks are an inevitable tourist spot. There are plenty of hotels, historic pubs, and cafes where you can experience part of the history of Australia.
Explore the City
Panoramic view of Sydney at night
While visiting the top tourist attractions and places in Sydney is a great way to explore the city, it’s actually just one part of the whole experience. In order to make the most of your stay in the city, you should explore it from end to end. You can do that in two ways.
Take a hop-on hop-off bus tour – Bus tours are a great way to see the city, its buildings, streets, public areas, parks, and sites without spending much of your time. Taking a hop-on hop-off bus tour saves you from the trouble to look for public transport lines and tickets.
Take a cruise – Apart from exploring the city from the ground, you can also explore it from the water. There are plenty of cruises including, dinner, lunch, and wine tasting cruises, you can take in order to enjoy your time while exploring.
You can also ride on a ferry to Manly Beach. This ride is affordable, yet will offer you the chance to see the harbor, the Harbour Bridge, and the Opera House.
- Top 100 Places People Most Want to Travel
- 5 Best Dream Camping Destinations in Australia
- 5 Best Craft Beer in Sydney City
- 5 Best Way to Have Fun in Sydney
March 15, 2020 7:54 pm Leave your thoughts