When you host a lot of content on a single website, content hierarchy is the key to finding relevant information faster.
Since, one of the primary aims of The Art of Travel is to provide FREE Travel Destination Guides to over 2000 attractions, cities, states or regions, countries, continents, oceans and islands, and even space, it is important that we group our content in an easy to understand and easy to navigate content hierarchy.
Our Travel Store: The Art of Travel Store
- Pages – all resource pages are simply categorized as pages (eg. resources & links and ultimate travel resources list a lot of such contents such as Travel Books Library, Common Travel Questions, Travel Bucket List, etc.)
- Blogs – all blogs are child pages under Travel Blogs and also you can find a curated list of all of the best blogs and all guest post blogs
- Highpointing – we have a lot of posts on highpointing and how we are attempting to be the first couple born outside of the US to finish all 50/50
- Destination Guides – this section is huge and they are organized as follow:
Overall guides hierarchy
- Planet Earth
- The Universe & Outer Space
Note: All content pages are also organized by Tags and Topics aka Categories.
Lastly, you can also use the search bar (at the top right corner on each page) to directly search for whatever you are looking for.
Vitamins and Painkillers
One other way to look at our content is from the lens of vitamin vs. painkillers.
For example, our blogs are aimed at information and knowledge sharing. They can be travel stories or listicles or just for pure entertainment purposes.
We call our blogs, Vitamins. They are nice to have! They provide travel inspiration and motivate our readers to travel more and to travel better!
Our, Destination Guides and various Travel Resource pages, ob the other hand is the Painkillers.
Readers come to our site looking for information or travel guides and these guides are written so that you don’t have to scroll through a dozen sites to make a practical travel itinerary.
These travel guides are the painkillers to your travel questions, planning, and challenges!
Our guides are a work in progress and we are constantly updating them. If you see an outline of a guide, please plunge forward and volunteer! We will be more than happy to link back to you and/or give you a shoutout as an author or contributor!
For more information, please check “Write for Us“.
Cheers and happy travel!