The Art of Travel is currently not hiring for any positions except for Destination Guide Writers.
Please check back again later (for other new open positions).
Make your travel career an adventurous journey. Join us and work with The Art Of Travel. We value creativity, curiosity, originality, and passion. We’re not afraid to challenge ourselves and the status quo.
Please note, these are time-consuming and difficult jobs. We are a team of hard-working, fast, and efficient people. To survive this job and to make it financially rewarding for both of us, you have to be good at what you do. So, please only apply if you are the BEST at what you do AND you are up for this challenge.
For every open position, these are must-have requirements:
- high-speed internet access (24×7)
- a PC or laptop
- a smartphone
- excellent in communication (spoken and written English)
- a passion for travel and exploration
- interests in creative writing, social media, and storytelling
- self-motivation, independent, reliable, and proactive
If you’re interested in being part of our team then check out the career opportunities below. Any tools, software license or paid apps that you may need for your job will be provided to you.
Chief Lover of Labor
- Maintain relationship with press and media.
- Manage fans relationships.
- Create the vision for the brand and lead the team by example.
- Shoot video, record podcasts, build relationships with other travel industry thought leaders.
- Seek funding, sponsorships, reach out to advertisers, and negotiate business transactions.
- Review, edit and manage all contents on the blog, store, and social media sites.
- Work with Project Manager(s) and individual freelancers and delegate tasks and help as needed.
- Create travel itineraries content, featured and exclusive content, long-form content for the blog.
- Create Table of Content (ToC) for Travel Guides.
- Help in writing and producing Travel books and Travel Guides.
Project Manager / Virtual Admin
- The Project Manager (PM) will work closely with the Chief editor and the rest of the team of writers, video editors, and social media marketers.
- Create and delegate tasks to team members, ask for updates, ensure the project, its milestones, and all tasks are on schedule.
- Plan, create and manage content creation calendar and schedule.
- Coordinate YouTube video production with content writers and video editors.
- Plan, arrange, organize, and schedule (using google calendar) interviews for The Art Of Travel Podcast.
- Oversee all social media platforms and will ensure the brand reputation is maintained.
- Offer help and expertise if any team member needs help.
- Help in research for book projects and travel guidebooks.
- Communicate with the team over IM, Skype, WhatsApp, messenger, etc.
- Be available to pick up calls during the work hours. Attend a weekly team status call.
- Provide a concise daily update to the Chief Editors.
Director of Social Media Marketing
- The Social Media expert is responsible for all-things-social.
- Queue posts for various social platforms in advance using automation tools.
- Manage and grow social witter using various online tools.
- Manage Instagram and Twitter accounts using social media management tools and automation tools.
- Take published blog posts and post it on the Medium, LinkedIn, Quora, and other publishing platforms.
- Share all blog content, YouTube videos, and Podcasts on various social media sites.
- Plan for milestones Giveaway on various social media platforms and organize the giveaway by writing texts, creating images, finding suitable prizes, and writing the giveaway’s terms and conditions.
- Engage with the fans and customers on various social media platforms (such as by “liking”, “commenting”, “replying to comments”, “answering questions”, etc.)
- Drive growth on Pinterest. Pin AoT Instagram posts and all of the AoT blog posts and web content on Pinterest in various travel group boards and AoT Pinterest boards.
- Drive traffic to the Art of Travel blog and store from Pinterest.
Video Editor/Film Maker
- Edit videos (download clips from the Dropbox), add watermark logo, add free music, and send for review.
- Upload finalized videos to Youtube and Facebook.
- Write SEO friendly titles and descriptions, and share on social sites.
- Upload the videos to Amazon video.
- Search and download free video clips from various free media sites.
- Come up with new ideas for short travel films, documentaries or destination videos.
- Write SEO friendly Video Titles and detailed video descriptions. Add proper tags.
- Create catchy video cover thumbnail photos for the YouTube and Amazon Videos.
- Create shorter videos for Instagram.
- Work on your own and as well as with the team on creating video scripts.
- Must have and use Apple iMovie or Premiere Pro or Final Cut Pro, etc.
- The content writers are the driving force behind The Art Of Travel’s destination and blog content strategy.
- Write, edit, and publish a blog post each day. The post must be more than 500 words long, properly formatted, Search engine optimized (SEO), and with at least 5 photos per post. All photos should be your own or from the Public domain, or creative commons with the proper license tag.
- Search, download, resize the images to under 300KB without losing image resolution (if needed) from Creative Commons media. (Tag photos by their author and license, eg: Image 1 Credit: Mr. X, CC BY-SA 3.0)
- Create “Cornerstone contents” for The Art Of Travel blog as per the given instructions.
- Create 2 new Infographics every week. (An example: Write for Us Infographic)
- Participate and contribute to the team discussion regarding Content planning. Research and suggest new blog topics and ideas. Take initiative with coming up good posts and writing them.
- Original content check. Running each piece of content against a plagiarism checker (inbuilt in the blog) to ensure the originality and content quality.
- Make sure that the formatting of your posts are consistent and matching with the rest of the blog.
- Find blog topics on YouTube videos. Likewise, turn blog posts into scripts for YouTube filming/video production.
- Find interesting things (recent news/fictional TV shows, etc) to write about. An example: Game of Thrones.
- Find travel topics, travel-related Q&As, comments on Quora and turn these questions, answers, comments into blog posts, video scripts, and infographic.
- Be quick with email communication.
- Desing graphics for t-shirts, caps, mugs, wall posters, and pillow covers. (You should be good with photo editing and design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- Desing eBook covers and book covers for hardcovers.
- Search, download, resize the images to under 300 KB without losing image resolution (if needed) from the public domain.
- Create beautiful and engaging Infographic using Venngage, Canva, Photoshop, etc. tools.
- Create beautiful Pinterest friendly vertical images with Title texts on it (for each blog post).
- Create quotes-photos for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook (using Venngage, Canva, Picassa, Adobe Photoshop, and various mobile apps)
- Create Video Thumbnail Covers for YouTube, Facebook Video, and Amazon Videos.
- Create beautiful and engaging photos with or without texts for blog headers.
- Create beautiful and engaging cover photos with or without texts for various social media platforms.
- Retouch photos for the marketing campaign and for press/media kit.
- Share and exchange all work using the company’s Dropbox account.
- Provide status updates and communicate via our online project management tool.
Destination Guides Writers
- As a destination expert, write about your country (or a destination you have explored in a good way) and cover it from as many angles as possible.
- Think deep about tourism in your country. Some of the thoughts can be: How [Destination X] can attract more tourists? (What government initiatives would be required?) What is it that [Destination X] offers to foreign tourists that no other country offers? What social causes and awareness the world at large needs to know about [Destination X] (Travel is a fun activity but one thing we want to do differently on The Art Of Travel is to link each destination with its social causes and therefore, bring public awareness.)
- Don’t assume just going somewhere is a reason to write an article. Even remote corners of the globe are visited by more writers than we need. (We all have seen enough articles on Iceland and Antarctica to last a lifetime.) Unless you’re going to the Moon or Mars, try to find a good story angle. That’s what we are looking for. For example: Is there some attraction right off Machu Picchu that nobody ever visits—but should? Could you spend a couple of days with people who actually live illegally (or legally) inside the Grand Canyon or in the Yosemite National Parks? Can you tell their stories? Tell those stories. Is there a stonemason doing repairs on the Taj Mahal who is descended from one of the original masons?
- Be a journalist at heart. Be a creative writer. You have to merge the two. Wherever you are going, whatever you are writing, dig for something that our readers will find refreshing.
Podcast Editor & Producer
- As a sound engineer, your main task is to edit the podcast, remove the unwanted section, silence, tangents, and long and/or repeated Ummm, Aaahs, etc, and curse words.
- Add the intro and outro, add advertisement (if applicable), add music bed. All used sound and music should be from the public domain.
- Balance the noise and make the sound as clear as possible.
Director of Sales & Marketing
- Generate revenue for The Art Of Travel.
- Design products that are in demand and can be sold (example: t-shirt, mugs, hoodies, travel maps, gears, cool, funny stickers, etc.).
- Handle orders, manufacturing, shipping, and all the other logistics.
- Post products on Amazon, Etsy, eBay, etc. Fulfill all sales/returns/refunds.
- Research the market and find products that can be launched or added to our inventory. Research on competitive pricing, profit margins, and other similar details.
- Help in books, eBook, and Travel Guide production and marketing.
- Find the best affiliate deals and insert them into the blog posts, pages, and other contents. Remove old, broken and expired affiliate links.
- Manage Google Adsense, direct advertisements and paid placements on the website.
- Manage products and marketing on our social platforms.
Travel News Writer
- Look for Travel incidents and travel related stories from all over the world.
- Whatever catches your eyes as the most interesting story, write a news piece.
- Be quick. This is a daily news update section, sometimes multiple times a day (as soon as the news happens).
- Consider perspectives. Make implications and share your opinion on the incidents/news. Make your news interesting and thoughtful. (Not just a factual reporting)
- Responsible for the website design and maintenance.
- Responsible for handling errors and bugs that are reported by our users or team.
- Suggest and/or improve UI and UX for our users.
- Increase conversion
- Growth engineering
- Improve website page speed